Thursday, March 15, 2012

Living Stones for God's House

WE ARE (GOD'S) LIVING STONES ~ WE ARE HIS HOLY PRIESTS

In a meeting last night my awesome pastor put the following scripture up on the screen and it totally blew me out of the water! Not sure about you but WOW - this is powerful! ~

You are coming to Christ, who is the living cornerstone of God’s temple. He was rejected by people, but he was chosen by God for great honor. And you are living stones that God is building into his spiritual temple. What’s more, you are his holy priests. Through the mediation of Jesus Christ, you offer spiritual sacrifices that please God.
1 Peter 2:4-5

Did you get chills? If not, read it again! I get them every time I read it! and If I think about it too long, the tears flow.....it's amazing - truly God's Amazing Grace!

I sit here and think about the fact that Jesus loves us so much not only did He make the ultimate sacrifice and die on the cross for us and our sins, but He chose us to be a special part of his spiritual temple and called each one of us to be Holy Priests for Him. THAT IS HUGE! There is nothing miniscule about this.

These are large shoes for us to fill.... I totally understand what we have been called to do...I get it. He has made us a part of His church ~ We work together with him to worship, praise, and minister -to bring others to Him ~ to eternal life forever with Him in His Temple! It's a team effort and He is OUR leader.

Dear God, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU for choosing us, thank you for the opportunity to serve you, thank you for dying on the cross for our many sins ~ Thank you especially for loving us unconditonally Father, for giving us chance after chance to get it right. Thank you for your Amazing Grace and what that means for us every day of our lives. I love you Father, to be chosen by you~WOW, I don't know how else to tell you how incredible this is....I stand amazed. I am proud to be a 'Living Stone' for you and will continue to be a vessel for your Word, Your Love, and eternal life as promised by you. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Must Read Books!

  • A Confident Heart, Renee Swope
  • An Untroubled Heart, Micca Campbell
  • Crazy Love, Frances Chan
  • Fit for My King, Sheri Rose Shepherd
  • Made to Crave, Lysa TerKeurst
  • Radical, David Platt
  • Winning Him without Words, Lynn Donovan & Dineen Miller