Monday, April 2, 2012

Fear Versus Faith - The Missing Mustard Seed

I have so many friends who are without jobs, or their spouses or parents are without jobs ~ and in many cases they have been without jobs for a long time. Their fear is huge, we live in the flesh. Being the practicing christian I am, I know the words God has given me to share with these sweet friends~ the awesome words in our Life Instruction Manual, the Bible. We tell them to pray, wait on the Lord, He will provide, surrender your burdens and allow Him to carry them....scripture after scripture full of our Savior's promises. In Psalm 91:1-4, the psalmist wrote:


He is my refuge and my fortress, my God, in whom I trust,
Surely he will save you from the fowler's snare
and from the deadly pestilence.
He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge.
His faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.

WOW! He will cover you with his feathers and under his wings you will find refuge....It doesn't get any better than that!



I believe in my Lord and Savior ~ in fact, I have complete faith in Him (or do I?)~ I know he will provide ~ BUT He doesn't promise it will happen in OUR time ~ before the foreclosure of a house, for example OR before every bill we owe is in collections. It's in HIS time. Not mine. Not ours. This is where my own personal fear comes into play. I want to be rescued NOW before it gets bad! - not after I've lost my home, self-esteem, and desire to keep fighting.


I will also be rescued in HIS way. Not necessarily the way I have been praying for things to happen. ~ It's his time, his way. Even more scary, huh? It's all truly dependent on HIS PLAN.


So, does this mean I don't have enough faith in Him? Am I lacking?



The bible teaches, HIS TIME is the PERFECT time, HIS WAY is the PERFECT way.


The bible says in Ecclesiastes 3:17, "I said in my heart, God will judge the righteous and the wicked, for there is a time for every matter and for every work".


In Acts 1:7 He said to them, It is not for you to become acquainted with and know what time brings [the things and events of time and their definite periods] or fixed years and seasons (their critical niche in time), which the Father has appointed (fixed and reserved) by His own choice and authority and personal power."


Yes, His time is the Perfect time ~


We need to remember, God sees things from a different perspective, He sees the whole picture! He doesn't just see what we want, but sees what is best for us in the grand scheme of our lives. All is part of a divine order and will be done in it's proper time.


We are taught to TRUST him and SURRENDER our burdens to Him.
We are taught to RESIST taking back what was surrendered.
We are taught to Pray over the situation.
AND, we are taught to Have FAITH - as Micca Campbell says in her book "An Untroubled Heart" - we need a faith stronger than our fear.

What is Faith? 'Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not yet seen' Hebrews 11:1


In Matthew 17:20,"Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."



How do you keep faith? How do you accept God's timing? This is a struggle for me and for many others; however, it is my goal to work on building this faith - the kind of faith that can move mountains.


When you are facing a huge challenge and are attempting to wait patiently on the work you KNOW God will do in your life, how do you keep solid in your faith? How do you remain understanding with God on when and how he delivers? I would love to hear your ideas and thoughts!


Dear God,

Thank you for providing for our every need. Thank you for the continuous blessings of Your Word. Father, please help us grow our Faith in You. Teach us to wait for you and teach us to be content with your timing and your actions. We love you Father, you are the ever powerful - the only perfect - and we are so blessed to know you personally and to be on the receiving end of a love like no other. We ask these things in your name, Amen.
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Must Read Books!

  • A Confident Heart, Renee Swope
  • An Untroubled Heart, Micca Campbell
  • Crazy Love, Frances Chan
  • Fit for My King, Sheri Rose Shepherd
  • Made to Crave, Lysa TerKeurst
  • Radical, David Platt
  • Winning Him without Words, Lynn Donovan & Dineen Miller