Monday, May 14, 2012

Happy is the PEACEMAKER

Today I started an On-Line bible study with some incredible sisters in Christ.  The study is focused on spiritual growth within so we can grow in our marriages and make them the best they can be!  Of course, there is an underlying goal, for me especially; however, I'll leave that up to my Heavenly Father - it's all in His perfect timing and I'll share when the time is right! 

As I read today, I had quite nearly the entire chapter highlighted! We read all about PATIENCE and what having patience can do for a marriage.  Thankfully, God taught me this several months ago - and a peace came upon me like nothing you would ever believe. I learned how to use "patience" in order to keep peace.   The household "wars" have become few and far between and I became the "Peacemaker"!  WOW!  Me, who always has to have the last word! Who always has to be right? What a HUGE accomplishment this is for me personally ~ to be a Peacemaker!  I truly began to see results in my home. Praise God for continuing to work on my heart and soul ~ allowing me to change into the woman and wife he expects me to be.

There is complete truth in God's Word! There aren't any half-truths or lies in The Word~ nothing but Truth. 

In Matthew 5:9 It is written,"God blesses those who work for peace, for they will be called the children of God". WOW, there you have it.  Blessings for those who work for peace!

I'd like to share and touch on a few of the things that touched my heart as I studied and read today.

"Love is built on two pillars that best define what it is.  Those pillars are patience and kindness"

Can you honestly see love built on anything else?  Love IS patience and kindness!  That statement radiates Jesus in his truest form! 

"Love helps you settle down and begin extending mercy to those around you. Patience brings an internal calm during an external storm"

Wow!  This is my story!  I have found an internal calm within Jesus Christ and although it hasn't stopped every storm that has come my way~it certainly has changed my life.  My tolerance has grown tremendously which has allowed me to work with those recovering from drug addiction, an area lacking tolerance for me.

We also tackled the topic of Anger today.....if you're like me, Yes, you get angry ~ we all do.

"Anger is usually caused when the strong desire for something is mixed with disappointment or grief. It is often an emotional reaction that flows out of our own selfishness, foolishness, or evil motives"

The truth hurts, huh!?  Ouch! The next time you get angry, stop and think about it. Why are you angry?  Is it a case of you didn't get what you wanted?  is it due to selfishness?  are you disappointted with how life is happening?  I would almost bet you that it is one of these things!  

Here is where you need to take some deep breaths, think about the cause, and without any further delay find the peacemaker buried within your heart and change the situation around!

Last but not lease -

"Patience, however, makes us wise."

Spend some time today and reflect on "patience".  For me it was a life changer that went hand and hand with peace.  With Patience came Peace! 

Thank you for stopping by!  I will post more as we continue this study! There is nothing I love more than sharing the Word and teachings of my Lord and Savior.


In God's Love Today and Always,

Kelley






No comments:

Post a Comment

Must Read Books!

  • A Confident Heart, Renee Swope
  • An Untroubled Heart, Micca Campbell
  • Crazy Love, Frances Chan
  • Fit for My King, Sheri Rose Shepherd
  • Made to Crave, Lysa TerKeurst
  • Radical, David Platt
  • Winning Him without Words, Lynn Donovan & Dineen Miller